How’s your Sunday going? Mine, as always, is going pretty lazy, haha, and due to my recently acquired food restrictions (in case you just got here, I am recovering from a nasty pancreatitis), I had to learn how to make easy, fast and tasty recipes. As much as I don’t like spending a lot of time in the kitchen, I do LOVE to eat, specially if it is cake!
So today I am here to share with you guys a SUPER easy and fast recipe that turns out delicious every time! It is perfect for breakfasts, afternoon snacks, and overall any moment you feel like eating something sweet.
The best part about this recipe is that you can adapt it to almost any diet, it can even be a vegan mug cake if you want it to. I like to say that it can be completely fat, completely fit or a perfect in between, which is what I like to do! So let’s stop stalling and get to the recipe!
The ingredient list is very simple:
- 1 egg;
- 4 tablespoons of milk (I have been using lactose free milk now, but you can use anything from regular milk to almond milk);
- 4 tablespoons of sugar (I have been using raw sugar, but you can use regular sugar, or even brown sugar if you’d like);
- 3 tablespoons of oil (here is the thing: if you are using porcelain mugs, they are non sticky, so you can use no oil at all, or, like I do, you can use regular melted butter, 1 tablespoon is the perfect amount for me, you can even use coconut oil!)
- 2, 3 or 4 tablespoons of chocolate powder, I use the regular Nestlé one, I tried using just cocoa powder, but my cake got extremely dry, so now, I do 2 tablespoons of regular chocolate powder and one table spoon of cocoa powder;
- 4 table spoons of wheat ( I have been using rice wheat, and to me it tastes amazing, but you can use regular wheat, almond wheat and even oatmeal flower);
- 1 coffee spoon of baking powder;
- Now you mix it all veeeeeeeeeery very well, and put it in the microwave for 3 and a half minutes, I like to add 70% cocoa chocolate chips and mix it to the batter, they melt and make your cake moist (I know many people hate that word, sorry), and it’s perfect!
Now some things to take into consideration:
1- The egg can be substituted by mashed bananas;
2- If you are going to use melted butter like me, the butter has to be the first ingredient you put inside the mug, then you put it in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds and it should be good to go. Keep in mind to put the dry ingredients right after the melted butter, or the cold milk, DO NOT add the egg straight to the hot melted butter, ok?
3- If you make this recipe, please share it on your stories and tag me on instagram, (https://www.instagram.com/barbaraconrado), I want to know if the people who make it, like it!
Being honest, I probably eat one of those mug cakes 3 times a week, I just love them so much! It is easy, quick, delicious AND all you need is ONE mug, so there is no mess to clean up after, isn’t it just perfect?
That’s all I have for you guys today, I hope you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to send me your feedbacks!
Byeee, see you on the next post 🙂